Turn that shit off! I can’t understand a word he is saying!
Archives for November 2015
I want someone I can believe in. Someone I can respect. Someone strong enough to show up for me. I need a strong and confident man. One who knows I’m the one for him and not one who just wants to hold on to a good thing in case nothing better comes along. I thought the new boo would be that man. He’s 38, sexy, and intelligent. But now I just don’t know. I’m forever grateful that he brought me hope during a dark time.
I went home that evening thinking he would be there…ready to fight for us….but he wasn’t. In 5 years and 3 months he had never showed up for me so I don’t know why I expected him to do so this time. It was my heart’s last attempt at believing in him. I will never forget the day I lost love, respect, and faith in him. I gave so much of myself to in return receive nothing. That reality still stings…
If you are going to take selfies with your tongue sticking out…please at least brush your tongue!
The holidays are upon us and I just can’t let you eat that first turkey leg (or goat meat for all my West Indians) without giving you some guidance! Here are 10 survival tactics for the holidays (with or without family):
10. Everyone has messed up family! You are not alone! We are all going to be critiqued, criticized, and judged during this very vicious time. I’m 34, not married, and no kids=easy target. Lol.
9. The holiday season can be rough on anyone even if there are no life changes occurring. If you have recently suffered a loss (death, divorce, etc) the first holiday season is particularly harsh. Hang in there and do the best you can. I suggest taking at least 10 minutes of each holiday to do something nice for yourself. Drink your favorite tea, put on your favorite accessory, or go on a mini vacation (if you can afford it). Do something to remind yourself that you are ALIVE and YOU ARE BLESSED! I’m praying for you and your family as you put one foot before the other! Remember to breathe!
8. Being single over the holidays can be painful for some. Count your blessings that you are single and not spending the holidays with someone you know you need to break up with/divorce! Nothing says F the holidays like sitting across from someone you can’t stomach!
7. Not all of us can make it home for the holidays. Last year I was living in Richmond and just could not do that long drive in traffic to Jersey. I called up a fellow Penn Stater (WE ARE!) and asked if I could spend the holiday with her family in Maryland…just two hours from Richmond! It was such a treat! I got to spend the day with my friend, her mom, her baby son, a doggy, and the rest of her family. The Michaels family does not have small babies nor puppies so to wake up with both was an AMAZING feeling! So if you can’t make it home go spend time with a close friend near by!
6. If you have a large loving family and you know you have friends who don’t…please invite them first! You are blessed! Why not share those blessings?!
5. Be easy on yourselves this holiday season! Do the best you can. This is a season to focus on blessings not stress yourself out. Do what you can and just know that God/Your Higher Power will take care of the rest!
4. Tis’ the season for giving but it is also the season for robbing! I suggest giving/donating to charities and non profits who are more equipped to help the less fortunate. Please do not pull money out and give it to strangers on the street! Safety first!
3. If you do not have anywhere to go during the holidays but are fortunate enough where you can volunteer your time at local organizations/charities…I suggest you do! Making someone’s day, even with the tiniest gesture, always brings a smile to my face!
2. Family’s will fight! Mine get on my last nerves during the holidays but thank your stars you have family! Many people will wake up to have no one to celebrate with. You are blessed beyond measure! So even when family pushes your buttons…keep focusing on the blessings!
And 1. They say love comes softly and I believe it! If you haven’t experienced that great love yet (you and I both!) understand that HE IS AN ON TIME GOD! HE is not done with us nor our hearts. Our time is coming and the plans HE has for us will be great. Do not give up hope and keep the faith for a love so great that GOD Himself picked it is worth the wait! Happy Holidays! ~KJM aka the Grinch lol. On behalf of myself and the Michaels family, we wish you and your family continued peace, love, and blessings during this beautiful season!
Being Mary Jane
My first love, Julio, asked if I ever blog about him and generally I do not. We’ve known each other almost 19 years! He’s like a great ex husband. We check in on each other once or twice a year. Sometimes we argue like we are still teenagers but I think no matter what we will always still text or call the other to make sure they are ok. Today I was listening to the @celinedion Pandora station. Julio and I use to hold hands and just listen to Celine. This was the era of writing love letters. No Netflix and chill. No texting. Barely any emails. No sex. Just handwritten love letters filled with passion. Passion that we waited years to act on. He was my first and I was his. I still have the shoe box filled with all his love letters! We dated on and off for 10 years. Up until 2007, I thought we could still make it and maybe he was the one. I thought I would read each love letter to our children while they were in the womb and when they were born. It never happened but I kept each letter…because if I ever have a family I still want to read those letters and let my children know that there was a time of LOVE LETTERS and mommy received them…openly, innocently, and lovingly. Thank you Julio for giving me something most women never experienced! I was your first for almost everything! Don’t worry I will remind your future wife of so…jokingly of course! Shout out to the BX! I first fell in love in the Bronx?
Kingston, marriage is ordained by God. Every night I pray that God will send you a good husband!
I’ve to admit that I view people who need to be loved by any and anyone weak. I know it’s wrong but I do. Even when I loved the ex factor for 5 years and 3 months and he did not return my love…what haunted me…what still haunts me is he didn’t give me my fucking respect! He can keep his love. I wanted my RESPECT for walking through fire with him. For choosing him every time and him never choosing me. For loving him knowing it will never go anywhere. I thrive off of respect.